2023 KOOCHICHING COUNTY FAIR Schedule of Events
**Friday, August 11, 2023**
- 9 AM - Free Rummage Sale space available on Fairgrounds for the day. Contact Don Lukenill at 218-897-5980. (Please remove all items and trash when you are done with your sale.)
- 9AM-7PM MAIN OFFICE WILL BE OPEN - Booth Set Up in Main Exhibit Building
- 11 AM - 1 PM - NORTHERN STAR CO-OP Customer Appreciation Lunch, FREE!!
- **FREE DESSERT- following lunch, compliments of NORTHLAND PROGRESSIVE INC.
- 4 - 8 PM - Youth Food Booth opens
- 4:30 - 6 PM - Veggie Creature Creation Class, *Entry required for the Veggie Creature Contest
- 5 PM - American Legion Dignified Flag Burning Ceremony
- 5-7 PM - Let's Talk Gardening - at the Garden Park
- 5-6:30 PM - Spaghetti Dinner by the Mustang Girl's Basketball Team
- 5 - 7 PM - Entry for ALL open class entries
- 7-8:30PM - VARIETY SHOW! at the Grandstand - "Ole" Olson MC- Contact Olson's 218-766-5693
- 8:30 PM -1:00 AM - FIREMAN'S DANCE in Northome at the Fire Barn!
**Saturday, August 12, 2023**
- 7-11 AM - Breakfast at the Legion Stand
- 8 AM - Scenic Sinkhole Scramble Registration or (contact Mike Lorenzen 218-897-5065)
- 8 AM - Youth Food Booth open's
- 8-11 AM - Entry time for ALL open class entries
*Before and After Parade - Author Corinda Edevold will be in the Exhibit Building
- 9 AM - 41st ANNUAL SCENIC SINKHOLE SCRAMBLE BEGINS!11 AM - Scenic Sinkhole Scramble Awards11:30 AM - Judging begins for ALL open class entries
- 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM- MAIN EXHIBIT BUILDING AND FARM MUSEUM - CLOSED FOR JUDGING
- NOON - NORTHOME PARADE WILL BEGIN (in town on 3rd street)ANTIQUE CAR SHOW FOLLOWING PARADE AT THE FAIRGROUNDS
- 1-7 PM - Party House Rides & Amusements for Kids - SOCKS are required.
- 2 PM - BINGO- run by the Koochiching County Fair Board
- 2-5 PM - LIVE MUSIC (under the tent) by Pier Country Revue
- 3 PM Firemen's Bean Bag Tournament by the Beer Garden (ages 21 and up) - Sign up on the Northome Fire Departments Facebook Page
- 3 PM - Antique Tractor Demonstration by Jan Maggert
- 3 PM - Youth Bean Bag Toss Tournament (Text Jamie at 218-368-3743)
- 5-6:30 PM - HAM DINNER at the Fairgrounds - Hope & Bethesda Church Youth Group
- 5-7 PM - Let's Talk Gardening - in the Garden Park
- 6 PM Variety Show - at the Grandstand - "Ole" Olson MC- Contact Olson's 218-766-5693
- 7-9 PM - GRANDSTAND SHOW featuring LIVE MUSIC by FIGURING IT OUT - BLUEGRASS, FOLK, CELTIC BAND
- DUSK - FIREWORK DISPLAY!! (weather permitting)
**Sunday, August 13, 2023**
- 7 - 11 AM - Breakfast at the Legion Stand
- 9 AM - Community Church Service at the Grand Stand
- 9 AM - Youth Food Booth Opens
- 11 AM - BINGO begins
- 11 AM - KIDDIE RACES begin
- 11 AM - MEDALLION HUNT BEGINS!!
- 11 AM - Bocce Ball Tournament - contact Angel Stradtmann - call or text 612-554-7350
- 12 Noon - COUNTRY MUSIC JAM under the tent - All are Welcome!
- 12:30 PM OLSON'S KID'S TRACTOR PULL (at fairgrounds)
- 2:30 PM - Antique Tractor Demonstration by Jan Maggert
- 3 PM - MEAT RAFFLE DRAWING in Exhibit Building $2 per ticket - sold @ Fair Office during the fair: Winner will receive 20# package of Ground Beef!!
- 2023 KOOCHICHING COUNTY FAIR BUTTONS; will be sold ($2 ea.) at: Northome Merchants (before Fair) and Fair Office (during Fair)***Drawings for Button Prizes will begin Saturday AFTERNOON***